Requirements Of Lifeboats, Rescue Boats, Life Rafts Equiped On Ship
1. Passenger ships equipped with international voyages shall be capable of accommodating 50% of the total number of persons on board, at least not less than 37.5% (others are allowed to be replaced by life rafts).
2. A cargo ship of ≥85 m in length with a lifeboat can accommodate 100% of the total number of people on board.
3. The structure with the lifeboat is fully enclosed or partially enclosed.
Passenger ships of 4.500 gross tonnage and above are equipped with at least one rescue boat on each side.
5. Passenger ships of less than 500 gross tonnage are equipped with at least one rescue boat.
6. The cargo ship is equipped with at least one rescue boat.
7. If the lifeboat meets the requirements of the rescue boat, the lifeboat is allowed to replace the rescue boat.
8. Passenger ships on international voyages are equipped with life rafts capable of accommodating 25% of the total number of ships.
9. Cargo ships equipped with life rafts can accommodate 100% of the total number of people on board.