How To Use The Lifeboat Correctly?
1. Always keep the life-saving equipment in good condition and check and maintain it regularly according to the regulations. The use of the lifeboat must be approved by the master;
2. Before the boat is released, the equipment, equipment and spare parts in the boat should be inspected, and the inspection of the crane machinery, brake test and guide wheels, the glide block, the wire rope, the hook of the boat, etc. should be checked to confirm that there is no fault and the bottom of the boat is completed. Plug, prepare the boat cable;
3. When placing the lifeboat, it must be carried out under the command of the sailor or the driver on duty. It is necessary to master the wind flow and the speed of the ship. Under normal circumstances, it should be carried out on the side of the ship when the speed is not large after the stop. To release a boat in a storm, the boat should be prevented from colliding with the ship. When you release the hook, you should coordinate as much as possible, so that you can unhook at the same time before and after, avoiding the front hook. For the ropes and their pulleys, the ropes should be applied in advance, and after unhooking, tighten them in time to prevent swaying and hurting people;
4, the boat personnel should wear life jackets, wear safety helmets, no more than 3 people, subject to the captain command. Other personnel should go up and down from the rope ladder. The captain must carry the walkie-talkie and keep in touch with the ship at any time;
5. After the person boarding the boat, keep the low-lying position and beware of the hook. Before the boat leaves the ship, it is necessary to hold the lifeline, and the slinger must be used regardless of the weather;
6. When the boat is down, all personnel must operate according to the command of the commander. It is strictly forbidden to pull the brakes without authorization, use the crank handle and start the motor, all actions should be closely coordinated;
7. When receiving the boat, it must be linked at the same time. When the boat is raised to the boarding deck, the boat personnel will board the boat with the boat personnel. When the boat is in place on the boat, no one is allowed on the boat. After the position is completed, tighten the ropes of the davits and secure the ropes;
8. When the lifeboat leaves the ship, it must abide by the rules and regulations concerning safe navigation. The ship's duty officer should strengthen the hope and contact, and pay attention to observe its dynamics. After the lifeboat returns to the ship, it should be lifted immediately, the bottom plug should be opened to drain the water in the boat, and the cooling water of the lifeboat should be exhausted during the cold season. Lifeboats are strictly prohibited from staying overnight on the water;
In addition, the release of the lifeboat can be released as follows:
(1) If the sea surface is relatively calm, the lifeboat should be lowered as soon as possible. The speed of the boat should not exceed 5kn.
(2) When the lifeboat is released, the ship's trim should be less than 10°, the heel should be lower than 20°, and the ship speed should not be higher than 5kn. In the case of inclement weather, the ship may use a stagnation method to release the lifeboat. In order to reduce and avoid the sway of lifeboats in large winds and collisions with large ships, slings, bumps and boats can be used.
(3) When the lifeboat falls to the surface of the water, the ship is preferably in a static state. Before the hook is removed, the mooring line should be tied and the hooks should be removed before and after. If you can't unhook at the same time, you should take off the hook first and then remove the front hook.
(4) If there are wind and waves on the sea surface, the ship should be driven to the windward side of the drowning person to release the downwind lifeboat.
(5) The direction of the lifeboat approaching the drowner depends on the relative drift speed, wind conditions and accidents:
1 Under normal circumstances, it is best to get off the water from the downwind;
2 If a fire occurs in a ship in distress, it may need to be close to the wind;
6) The rope thrower and the necessary mooring line should be prepared in advance to be used when tethering between the ship in distress and the boat.
(7) For those who are on the side of the ship, they should choose to rescue the ship.
(8) When collecting the boat in the wind and waves, it should be hooked at the same time. If it cannot be hooked at the same time, the front hook should be hung first and then the back hook should be hung. The hook in the ship's roll should be carried out when the big ship is swayed from one side to the middle position.