Common Defects In Ship Life Rafts During Inspection
1. Certificate issues;
2. There is no annual inspection on time;
3. Unclear identification (ship name, port of registry, inspection label, etc.);
4. The hydrostatic pressure release device expires;
5. The boarding instruction is unclear or the posting position is not near the emergency light;
6, the embarkation ladder is not stored or damaged as required, mildew, etc.;
7. The liferaft storage base is seriously rusted;
8. The outer packaging of the life raft is damaged;
9. Use the extra rope to tie the life raft;
10. The storage position of the life raft is improper;
11. The connection mode of the hydrostatic pressure release device, the cable and the frangible ring (also known as the weak ring) is incorrect.
Items 1-9 are not complex defects, as long as they pay more attention to inspection and maintenance, it is easy to avoid.
Item 10, due to the storage location of the life raft, there have been cases of detention, please also pay attention.
Defect description: There is no obstruction above the storage position of the left and right liferafts on the stern and cannot guarantee free release.
Although the storage position of the liferaft has been determined at the time of shipment from the ship, the position design error is not excluded, or the original position is changed due to the modification or the like.
Article 13 of Chapter 3, Chapter 4 of the Statutory Inspection Technical Regulations for International Navigation (1999) requires that each liferaft or group of liferafts be stored with a standard free floatation device to enable each life-saving raft can float freely, if it is inflatable, it can automatically inflate when the ship sinks. For inflatable liferafts, each liferaft should be automatically inflated and floated on the surface of the water when it is in danger. There is occlusion above the storage position of the life raft, and it is not guaranteed to freely release and float to the surface of the water.
Although item 11 is not complicated, it still has a little bit of technical content. It is often overlooked by many people. Even some of them are not sure how to connect.
Equipped with automatic and manual release devices, it appears to be safer, but in practice the automatic release is disabled due to the presence of manual release.